Re: What two words . . . ?

Je 11:28 AM 2/18/98 -0500, Chuck Britton skribis:

A lurker has privately solved the puzzle of homonyms which are also
antonyms. He is William M. Wehrbein; he says he heard it 20 or 30
years ago; so I guess I cannot claim first discovery :( Are you ready?

CLEAVE and CLEAVE

Ready for ANOTHER such pair???

A verb associated with a certain evergreen tree in our yard.
Once each year we perform this operation with it.

Hmmm, if it is a yearly action and a specific tree (not a different tree
each year), then I'm guessing that you don't mean

RAISE and RAZE ? !

But this pair qualifies, I think.

Ken

| Ken CAVINESS Physics at Southern Adventist University |
| caviness@southern.edu ESPERANTO =3D Lingvo internacia |
| http://southern.edu/~caviness/ E-o/English/Fran=E7ais/Deutsch |