Re: Sunburn from sitting in car

On Mon, 16 Feb 1998, Norman Lohstreter wrote:

When I place them in my car, they change color when the sun comes
through the side windows but not when the light comes through the
windshield. I assumed that the lamination material in the windshield (a
plastic) was an absorber of UV where the side windows are tempered glass
and do not have the plastic laminate.

Hey, another addition to Ludwik's list: WINDOW GLASS DOES NOT BLOCK UV, IT
ATTENUATES BUT IS NOT ENTIRELY OPAQUE.

Just kidding. I don't recall seeing it widespread in textbooks. But then
I haven't become sensitized to it, so I don't know for sure.

billb@eskimo.com www.eskimo.com/~billb