Misconception by omission

I have yet to notice (i have not made a systematic search) a text which
analyzes - or even notices - the patently absurd assertion of our
exponential models of capacitive discharge, radioactive transmutation, et=
c.
It is a real eye opener to even the most blas=E9 students, and a hard hit=
ting
lesson in the nature of our models and their usefulness, as opposed to
philosophical "truthfulness".

Looking at a wider context, perhaps more misconceptions (and just lacuna)
are wrought by omission, than by overt commission.

-Bob

Bob Sciamanda sciamanda@edinboro.edu
Dept of Physics trebor@velocity.net
Edinboro Univ of PA http://www.edinboro.edu/~sciamanda/home.html
Edinboro, PA (814)838-7185

"My perception is itself a thinking, and my thinking a perceiving."
- Goethe, Scientific Studies