Re: REPLY TO ALL--Misconceptions:Airfoil

I believe that I failed to point out my own www page about Lift
Misconception.

http://www.eskimo.com/~billb/wing/airfoil.html

I also collected a couple of past PHYS-L "bernoulli/newton controversy"
outbreaks, recorded at:

http://www.eskimo.com/~billb/wing/wphysl.txt

I also link to similar discussions from hang-gliding group and others, and
have a couple of smoke-pulse wind tunnel GIFs from kindly passed on to me
by Jan-Olov Newborg, one of Dr. Weltner's colleagues in Sweden. They
illustrate the fact that the deflected air moves FAST over the upper
surface of wings; far faster than can be explained by upper/lower surface
length differences.

billb@eskimo.com www.eskimo.com/~billb