Re: Simple explanations. Was: what are the labs for?

The only thing that I can't understand Leigh, is why such a simple
mechanism that couldn't cost more than a dollar or two cost you
an extra $50.

The clever guy who figured out how to do it has to be compensated
for the idea. Who would begrudge him that? It would be a bargain
at twice the price in my opinion.

Thanks for the explanation, Herb. I think it has the elements of
being correct. I was too pig-headed in ignoting the name "pressure
balanced" when trying to figure out why it overcame a pressure
imbalance!

Leigh