Re: Simple explanations. Was: what are the labs for?

"Donald E. Simanek" <dsimanek@eagle.lhup.edu> writes:

The problem with mechanical models is that you first must understand
mechanics. The problem with visual models is that some things can't be
visualized.

I remember having such problems myself when I was first
introduced to electric circuits. Ohm's Law was easy for me to
understand.... but I had a great deal of trouble understanding
the analogy that involved water pressure, water currents, and
resistance to current flow in narrow pipes. However the fact
that I understood Ohm's Law made it a bit easier for me
to figure out how plumbing systems work.

Herb Gottlieb from New York City
(Where we are having much more trouble with our water and sewer
systems than with our electricity)

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]