Re: Right, wrong, and switching opinions

At 09:59 2/11/98 -0700, Dewey Dykstra wrote:
Bill...You say:
"Physics teachers are professional paradigm shifters...

Yet, elsewhere in your note you point out:

[Bill]
"Phys-L is not immune to this sort of thing....
... I think it would have been easier to convert
the the medieval Church to Heliocentrism."

[Dewey]
So if "we" have a hard time changing and we are not particularly successful
in changing the vast majority of our students, in what sense are _we_
"professional paradigm shifters?"

Just wondering... ;^)

Dewey

But Dewey: you just demonstrated Bill changing paradigms right there!

(Just joking...)
brian whatcott <inet@intellisys.net>
Altus OK