Re: How to dissipate charges from aeroplanes?

Aircraft with metal skins are routinely 'bonded', that is - all metallic
parts are positively interconnected.
Although I am not at all sure it is a precaution against lightning hits
(which are usually noted as fairly innocuous pin holes in the skin)
the fitting of anti-static brushes on trailing edges certainly improves the
functionality of navaids and communication radios.
These brushes are often made of a sheathed bundle of carbon fibers which
open to a brush at the end, though I believe metallic wires have been
used too.
I ascribe their functionality to high field emission of charge carriers
in the customary way.

Brian