Re: Van de Graaf

I remember reading about replacing an odd-sized Van de Graaf belt by
using sheet latex (e.g. Theraband available at many sports-training
stores or physical therapists). Diagonally cut as strip a little (2-6
inches) undersized in length for your generator with the diagonal cuts
being parallel to each other when wrapped into a loop. Stretch this
band around the pulleys to make the loop and then use rubber cement on
the ends with an inch or two overlap. Press tightly until the glue is
set and supposedly (I have not had to do this myself) the ends will hold
well enough to work.

Good Luck

Greg Kifer