Re: A TRUE/FALSE question for your professors

Thanks to Richard for reminding me to actually think about this puzzle.

I am pleased to have worked for a company in its growth hey-day - Digital
Equipment in the 70's.
As well as the female component assemblers at the Mill who were
millionairesses on account of their initial stock positions - which grew in
value like topsy - part of the legend of that company was a story about one
of its founders.

The details related by Ken grow blurry - it was either a general or a
financier (perhaps both) later associated with funding DEC as a startup who
had been asked to take a position in a startup intended to float
particularly rare hardwood baulks downstream from an upper Amazonian
riverside site (a highly unPC proposal these days...) to a mill.
Here was his crucial question:
"Will the logs float?"

- and of course they would not.

And now I think you should be able to discern the crucial question in this
water level puzzle:
(I'll space down to give your imagination a chance...)

Question:
"Does the rock float?"

Regards
Brian