Re: Explaining explain

Ludwik says

Yes, but the "truth" is a precondition of usefulness in science. How do we
distinguish which reasonable conclusions are true and which are false?

I disagree (again). Truth is not a requirement. My astronomical example
should suffice to demonstrate that point. Neither classical mechanics
nor universal gravitation is "true", but the utility of both is great,
especially so since no alternative exists.

Leigh