Re: REFLECTION on the sorry state of textbook publishing

I am a teacher, but also the mother of an English major at a major
university. This SEMESTER ( two weeks ago) I paid out $350 for texts for
3 English courses and a philosophy course. And these were not paid for by
financial aid and since they are paperbacks cannot be resold back to the
bookstores. The profs change the reading requirements each semester, and
even if the same novel is assigned, they seem to choose different
annotated versions and require a specific one.

So those of us who pay for our kids books are also getting zapped by the
government paying for those of others.

Patti Mason
Delphi High School
Delphi, IN