Re: was REFLECTION AND REFRACTION

On Sat, 24 Jan 1998 22:32:15 -0400 (EDT) LUDWIK KOWALSKI
<KOWALSKIL@alpha.montclair.edu> writes:

My wife, Linda, a psychologist, tells me that all new learning is
assimilated to the student's already existing mental structures. And
here is a
quotation about this:

"The child comes to an understanding of the world through his own
efforts. While he may accomodate his thought to the ideas of others, it
is only
as he tries those ideas out within the context of the ideas he has
previously acquired that he makes them his own."
Jean Piaget

This "theory of learning" has just been rediscovered.
It is called CONCEPTUALISM.

Herb Gottlieb from New York City
(Where we now have more theories of learning than actual learning in our
schools)