a model of imagination and creativity

Dear Colleagues, Thank you for responding to my request for explanation(s)
of why moving scalpels cut better than stationary ones. I have forwarded
them to the surgeon.
Almost ten years ago I published a qualtitative model of
imagination and creativity in the Wisconsin Academy Review - a quarterly
publication of the Wis. Academy of Science, Arts and Letters (WASAL). The
choice was for my convenience. I suspect that some members of this list
server may be interested in the model. I will be happy to send an e-mail
copy of the article to interested individuals.
Evolution of ideas is the second greatest development after the
evolution of species (plants and animals). I have been surprised that there
seems to be so little interest in the "origin of ideas." My model
basically states that "new ideas" are a product of random connections
involving the "subconscious imagination" and stored knowledge. I now refer
to the subconscious imagination as the "dark matter of the mind" in analogy
with the "dark matter of the universe." That is it cannot be directly
detected or studied.
Best wishes, John

John R. Cameron, Prof. Emeritus UW-Madison
2678 SW 14th Drive, Gainesville, FL 32608-2050
Phones: 352/371-9865; Fax: 352/371-9866; e-mail: jrcamero@facstaff.wisc.edu