Dopler effect

Ray Rogoway asked about Doppler simulations for the Macintosh. .....

Suppose the VERNIER microphone connected to ULI is used to intercept
sound from a 256 Hz tuning fork and the spectral line of one frequency
is observed on the screen (zoomed ?). Then you move the microphone back
and forth rapidly. Will the line broadening be observable?

Just an idea, I never tried this. The maximum acceleration that the
microphone (and your hand) can tolerate will limit the maximum speed,
probably to no more than 1% of the speed of sound, I suppose.

Ludwik Kowalski