From: GARY HEMMINGER <Hemmig@d-e.pvt.k12.nj.us>
To: phys-l@atlantis.uwf.edu <phys-l@atlantis.uwf.edu>
Date: Wednesday, January 14, 1998 1:03 PM
Subject: Re: Required common programming language

Has anyone experience with Visual Basic as a required language for
many grade levels? We use it here from 6th to 12th grade, but I'm
not convinced that it's a good thing. We have a two day a week tech
course in which kids do both project work, and some programming, but
in fact the visual basic doesn't seem to be very popular with them.

Gary Hemminger
Dwight-Engelwood School
315 E. Palisade Ave.
Englewood, New Jersey