Re: Rediscover Coulomb's law with students

LUDWIK KOWALSKI writes:

Those who use cameras or camcorders in teaching physics may be directed
to an article "Investigating Coulomb's Law" which appeared in the
January 1998 issue of The Science Teacher (vol 61, #1, pages 46 to 49).

I've read this article and am excited to try it. Living in a marine
climate, I've never been able to do the traditional PSSC-style Coulomb's
Law experiment (charges leak too easily in our moist, warm air). I
really like the way this lesson is laid out and I believe that the
capability of doing each part of the experiment rapidly will allow my
students to actually "see" the relationships first-hand.

Ludwik et al., thanks for a promising lesson.

Dave

David J. Hamilton, Ed.D. * And gladly woulde he learn,
Portland Public Schools * and gladly teche.
djhamil@teleport.com * - Chaucer