Re: Empiry

clearly disagree with it. I am becoming convinced that the use of
modelling as a way of finding the (known or unknown) theory which best
fits their data, with the ability to distinguish between the theory and
the experimental result, is one of the most important skills students
need to learn. And so far, I am not having great success teaching it
to them.
--
Martha Takats

....whether the model be graphically presented or numerically presented
or algeraically presented.

You might choose to look at http://modeling.la.asu.edu/modeling.html
where a group of HS teachers under Hestenes et al have been developing
curricula specifically based on modeling as the central philosophical
construct.

Dan M

Dan MacIsaac, Assistant Professor of Physics and Astronomy, Northern AZ Univ
danmac@nau.edu http://www.phy.nau.edu/~danmac/homepage.html