Re: Testbank

Vernon: You need to contact Professor Fred Moore at the University of
Texas at Austin. His email is: moore@physics.utexas.edu.

The UT Physics Dept (to the chagrin of many students) uses a system so
powerful that cheating takes more effort than learning. Students actually
become peer instructors. All homework is distributed, graded and posted
with solutions via the web. It can also be made low-tech by using the
telephone keypad or even scan-trons for those forced into working in the
dark ages. However, from your tenet address, I gather that your school is
in the Texas initiative and already has fiber optics run to your campus!

Patsy McDonald at Marble Falls High School uses the system and is
responsible for adding numerous problems to the bank.

WRT programs not related to chemistry or to physics: Judy Moore (Fred's
wife) has used the system for geography questions for elementary school
students in Eanes ISD in Austin.

Hope this helps. Karl

Does anyone have a very good testbank (multiple versions/forms,
scrambled answers, essay format, short answer, free response, etc.) that
also allows you to build your questions and put them into the database?

If they allow you to build your own database, then the program does not
have to relate to chemistry or to physics. I don't mind building a
large data base, as long as the program does what I need to do.
However, if I can find one that is either chemistry or physics, it puts
me just that farther ahead.

Thanks,

Vern

Dr. Karl I. Trappe Desk Phone: (512) 471-4152
Physics Dept, Mail Stop C-1600 Demo Office: (512) 471-5411
The University of Texas at Austin Home Phone: (512) 264-1616
Austin, Texas 78712-1081