New physics curricula postings

Hi:

I hace posted some new material on my web site

http://www.physicsweb.com

that some of you might find helpful. There are new problem sets on SHM
and on waves.

The material is in Microsoft 97 format, a format which can also be
read by the forthcoming Microsoft Word 98 for the Macintosh, For those
without either of these two word processors, I have posted links to
various free Microsoft Browsers and converters. There are links to
Microsoft viewers that will work by themselves under Windows 95 and
under Windows 3.x and there is a link to a recently released Microsoft
converter that allows users of Microsoft Word 5.1 and 6.x for Macs to
read Word 97 format.

The documents are zip-compressed, but each is posted in two formats:
a self extracting (*.exe) format and a standard zip (*.zip) format The
self-extracting format can be dearchived on Windows machines simply by
double clicking on the file name. However, the self extraction will not
work on Macs. Mac users should download the standard zip versions and
use one of the common unzipping utilities for the Mac to dearchive it.
If you need such a utility, I have posted a link to StuffIt Expander,
one of the more widely used ones.

I would be interested in hearing about how well the importer
converter for the earlier versions of Word for Macs actually does handle
Word 97 format.

Hope some of this material helps
--
Ed Schweber (edschweb@ix.netcom.com)
Physics Teacher at The Solomon Schechter Day School, West Orange, NJ