Re: Laser Heresy

At 08:30 12/23/97 -0800, you wrote:
On Tue, 23 Dec 1997, brian whatcott wrote:

Here's a quick shot across the bows, to get your attention.

This treatment ignores the various possibilities of
spatial and temporal coherence.

Know any good ones that would interest pre-highschool kids?

William J. Beaty

In a metaphorical sense - that certainly grabbed my interest -
I was fascinated by the French/American work on vibration
(breathing) modes of the Sun.
Using sodium fine line doppler shifts to derive breathing speeds of
METERS / second is no mean trick.
An interesting lead in to ensemble oscillations?

Merry Christmas

brian whatcott <inet@intellisys.net>
Altus OK