Re: Grading & Excel-dropping 1

This thread is beginning to take on the overtones of a religious argument.

Just one point re: Excel 4 vs 5. 5 saw the introduction of Visual Basic as the
macro programming language. This does provide some nice extensibility to the
spreadsheet (provided one doesn't want to change religions and move to Mathcad)

The comments of Hugh Haskell below are, in my mind, right on the money
(forgive the pun)! After almost two years of having the full Microsoft
Office (Word-6, Excel-5, etc.), most of us here at the Naval Academy
(almost entirely Mac) have chosen to stick with good old Word-5 and
Excel-4.
/ Prof. John P. Ertel \
| jpe@nadn.navy.mil or ertel@nadn.navy.mil |
| U. S. Naval Academy Research : 410-293-2759 |
| Annapolis, MD 21402-5026 Home : 410-757-6618 |

Ciao,

/\~~~/\
> > Frank M. Lanzafame Department of Chemistry
^ ^ > Monroe Community College 1000 East Henrietta Rd.
(_O_) > Rochester, NY 14623 716-292-2396