Re: Air resistance

The buoyant force on the ball whose diameter is 9.5" (0.241 m) turns out
to be 0.0928 N. Thanks for correcting the factor of 8, John. I am not at
all sure if can use this value for the accelerating ball. The air around
it is not at all in equilibrium. I suspect that in dynamic situations
(compressed air below and reduced pressure air above) the buoyant force
is not constant. In fact, what we call air resistance may also be called
buoyant force. Or at least part of it. What do you think?

Ludwik Kowalski