Re: (Fwd) Re: ULTRASONIC MOTION DETECTORS

You are correct, Scott, reflections from something else than what is
being studied is a common cause of problems. But this was certainly
not the cause of our; we covered the floor with a layer of carpet
and everything became OK. Jim's explanation, and his way of confirming
it by tilting the too strongly reflecting plate, are very convincing.