Re: milli-fletcher ?

I guess this is related to the reason we don't want to be the one who
asks the question at the seminar for fear of being thought a fool even
though no one in the room has understood a word for the last ten minutes.

We have one of those in our department. He's no fool, and he'll never
let the guy get more than two minutes into the murk. He's a treasure
and a terror at the same time, and I count him among my three or four
most valuable colleagues for that contribution alone.

Oh, yes - he does this with less tact than I would when appropriate.

Leigh