Re: air resistance

Date: Sat, 06 Dec 1997 09:56:16 -0800 (PST)
From: John Mallinckrodt <ajmallinckro@CSUPomona.Edu>
Subject: Re:air resistance

1.475 0.668 2.494 9.64 0.09
1.500 0.835 2.734 9.60
John is correct, there is a typing error at t=1.475. The second entry
in that line should be 0.768, not 0.668.

With that correction I can (as with the previous data) obtain *excellent*
numerical fits to your d vs. t data (i.e., rms errors in d less than
1 least sig fig) with drag exponents (i.e., the n in F_drag = b v^n)
anywhere from 1/5 to 5.

Please share the values of b for n=1/5 and n=5; I assume b=1 when n=2.

Ludwik Kowalski