Re: Help w/ TI82/3 & Photogates

At 06:31 PM 12/3/97 +0000, >Greg Kifer wrote:
I have recently begun using the TI82/83/85 calculators in my high school
physics classes and have been dissatisfied with their operation using
Pasco photogates.
snip
I am using the TMMotion
program available off of the Web and a dual photogate adapter going into
channel 1. Does anyone know of a program that uses two adapters into
separate channels to record both gates' data simultaneously?

It sounds like the program you're using is not very good. The problem is not
using one channel; in fact there are timing problems introduced in the CBL
when using two channels.

Try the Vernier CBL data collection programs, available from
www.vernier.com. The program group PHYSICST contains program called TIMER
that should do what you want. There are versions for all five (six if you
include the 92+) CBL-capable calculators. They share the same menu
structure. Be sure to read the readme files that come with the download.

JEG

John E. Gastineau gastineau@mindspring.com KC8IEW
900 B Ridgeway Ave. http://gastineau.home.mindspring.com
Morgantown WV 26505 (304) 296-1966