Re: A maximum possible acceleration ?

We learn in Modern Physics that:

dx*dp ~ h_ uncertainty of x h_ = lower limit of this product
dt*dE ~ h_ uncertainty of t h_ = also a lower limit of product
(dx/dt) < c c speed of light c = the upper limit of v (ratio)

The existance of an upper limit for the first derivative suggests (?)
that the second derivative (acceleration --> force) may also have an
upper limit. I never heard about this, except in the context that a
physical quantity can not change in zero time.
Ludwik Kowalski

I can't see any obvious reason why the velocity graph could not
approach its asymptote with an arbitrarily large slope. Practically,
this probably can't happen for the reasons cited by Brian.

Paul J. Camp "The Beauty of the Universe
Assistant Professor of Physics consists not only of unity
Coastal Carolina University in variety but also of
Conway, SC 29528 variety in unity.
pjcamp@coastal.edu --Umberto Eco
pjcamp@postoffice.worldnet.att.net The Name of the Rose
(803)349-2227