Re: A Parents' Day gem

Say what?!! Now that's a gem! Karl

I would not ASSUME that the parent knows the earth is spherical. If the
earth is flat but the force of the gunpowder pushes the bullet horizontally
the force of gravity may not take effect for some considerable time.
Meanwhile, the merely dropped bullet is just, well, dropping. :-)

REG
Rice
Houston
TX
USA
The Solar System
The Milky Way
???

Janice D.Bordeaux, Ph.D.
Center for Technology in Teaching and Learning
230A Mudd Building MS-120
Rice University
6100 Main Street
Houston TX 77005-1892
Phone:713.737.5653

Dr. Karl I. Trappe Desk Phone: (512) 471-4152
Physics Dept, Mail Stop C-1600 Demo Office: (512) 471-5411
The University of Texas at Austin Home Phone: (512) 264-1616
Austin, Texas 78712-1081