Re: videotape data on free fall

At 10:40 10/25/97 +0100, you wrote:
I have a new hypothesis: when the vcr is on frame-by-frame advance, there
seems to be an alternation between the two fields that make up the frame.
(Do all vcr's do this?). At least, that's what I think it is - there is an
oscillation in the vertical position....
Mark Sylvester

Fancier VCRs brag of four heads. These are intended to combat the geometric
problem associated with recording a diagonal stripe of information on a
moving tape but attempting to read it back from a stationary tape.
One read head just cannot track the stripe - but multiple heads can switch
in as a prior head gets to the edge of the stripe...

Brian
brian whatcott <inet@intellisys.net>
Altus OK