Re: The troubles (revisited)

Date: Sun, 19 Oct 1997 15:44:59 -0800 (PST)
From: John Mallinckrodt <ajmallinckro@CSUPomona.Edu>

employs a back beat excessively [whatever that is],

In music with 4 beats to the measure, 1 and 3 are the front beat
{e.g., disco] and 2 and 4 are the back beat [e.g., jazz and rock].

puts the bass line too far [whatever that is] in front,

Makes the bass too loud in comparison to the other sounds,
according to one's idea of "proper" balance.

Now I have to go write an exam. I'll need a little background
music. Dang! Where is that Buffalo Springfield album?

BS 1st album, 1st side, 1st track:
Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep
Starts when you're always afraid
Step out of line the man'll come and take you away

Q: title? [no fair looking]

Bonus: who?
1. The road of life is dark and steep
Sometimes it's like a nightmare creep(in')

2. There comes a time in life for each of us to awaken
To find out why our dreams all seem to be forsaken

Phil Parker pparker@twsuvm.uc.twsu.edu
Random quote for this second:
Half the work that is done in the world
is to make things appear what they are not.
---E.R. Beadle