Re: The troubles (revisited)

close call and the experiences are not really comparable, but I'd
have to say that I enjoy listening to Toy Matinee and performing
old Beatles tunes about as much as I do singing Faure's Requiem
or Carmina Burana.

Toy Matinee!?! There's an arcane reference. I thought only their friends
and creditors (or in my case a friend who was a creditor) ever heard of them.
Carmina Burana is good when writing end-of-year summaries for the beaurocracy
as it inspires me to daydream about mayhem with an axe or maybe a broadsword.

FYI, I have tried playing classical music during exams. No notable effect on
scores, but the students who don't sit in the back row 'cause they can't
stand it claim both Gould/Goldberg Varations are ok. Since they don't like
Bach's Toccatto & Fugue in D-, I suspect Carmina Burana wouldn't work either.
Trumpet concerti work ok; I will try the Beatles and let you know (exam
tomorrow, stay tuned). I think they find the noise less oppressive than
the typical silence/soft sobbing usual in my exams :^).

I hear Dewey D. plays bagpipe music at the start of his lectures to clear out
the previous lecturer and students. Haven't tried that yet but it seems an ok
idea. Can't get that guy outta there for love or money.

Dan the music man M

Dan MacIsaac, Assistant Professor of Physics and Astronomy, Northern AZ Univ
danmac@nau.edu http://www.phy.nau.edu/~danmac/homepage.html