Re: TRAINS - Correction

Some years ago, at an AAPT meeting, one apparatus competition entry showed
modes in bells and perhaps plates. As I recall, these were beautiful
photographs of holograms or some-such technique.
The photos showed the nodes and anti-node topology as interference fringes
you might see with an optical flat.
I think there was an article in The Physics Teacher or AJP as well.
Can anyone point me toward the source of these marvelous photographs?
Many thanks.

Jim McConville
Physics Department
The University of Chicago