Re: Arbitrary Grades?????

Santos,

. . .multimeters, power supplies according to how
they learned to do the measurement
in the course (the question asked was to determine
the unknown values of the components ). This was
done "closed book"
one semester and "open book" another semester. . . .

Just curious, how big a difference in performance did the closed book
semester compare to the open book semester?

One thing that I always did was to personally grade each lab exam
(the E/M lab course has over 600 students, WHEW.....). This was
a little tough sometimes but I knew that the grading
was consistant from section to section and
any question in the grading was always resolved by me.

My god!! More curiosity, was your total teaching responsibility the
laboratory portion of this course, and did this mean grading 600 lab reports
every week?? Did you get to draw hazard pay??

Enquiring minds want to know.

Joel