Re:

At 15:26 10/10/97 +0500, you wrote:
... I have two issues with our course - the range of non-physics subjects
covered (geology, meteorology, etc.) makes for a certain amount of unease
for many of our physics faculty. Even though the subjects are introductory
in nature, they can't always bring as much as they would like to them due to
lack of background. ...

R. Allen Shotwell

I could suppose your students would be as fascinated as I was at a
demonstration, out on the lawn, of plate seismics.

Who could not understand taking a sledge-hammer to a big steel plate,
and watching the pen recorder channels wiggle at reflections from
the shallow strata?

On the met front, a trip to a pilot briefing room of an FAA facility
to talk to the briefers ( sigh - there are still a few accessible
facilities) might capture a student's attention...

Sincerely

brian whatcott <inet@intellisys.net>
Altus OK