Re: The troubles -Reply

On Wed, 08 Oct 1997 18:56:18 EDT David Bowman
<dbowman@tiger.gtc.georgetown.ky.us> writes:
What does this have to do with physics or physics teaching?
... It so happens that I looked up on the Net a
few days ago information on the GNP of the US. The
info I downloaded was from the 1996 International
Facts and Statistics from Seven Seas Mailing
Lists, with URL =
http://www.mightymall.com/sevenseas/facts.html.
This gives the population and Gross National
Products for seventy countries (primarily--it does
include Hong Kong separately, for example, but not
China, per se). ....
Rondo Jeffery
Weber State U., Odgen, UT

David Bowman
dbowman@gtc.georgetown.ky.us

Lester Thoreau put it succinctly. Capitalism does some things well.
One of the things communism does well is education as a result of which
physics and math academic jobs are being filled from the FSU (Former
Soviet Union).