Re: textbook prices (was jaw dropper)

At 07:59 AM 10/8/97 EDT, Thomas Wayburn wrote:

But, the
record for me was a book of thermophysical properties of a couple of
hundred pages and a price tag of $2500. ( I can't end the previous
sentence with an exclamation point as you might suppose I mean 2500!, a
truly astronomical number that might induce fainting spells.)

As an astronomer, I must take offense. We refer to such numbers as
"governmental" :)
Department of Physics * *
Randolph-Macon College * V *
P.O. Box 5005 * --> . <-- *
Ashland, VA 23005-5505 * ^ *
* *
phone: (804) 752-7344 * Universe before Big Bang *
FAX: (804) 752-4724 * (not to scale) *
http://www.rmc.edu/~gspagna/gspagna.html