Re: The troubles

Leigh,

John Hammond, the head of the Shepherd School of Music at Rice,
confided to me that more than half of the Rice graduates have never heard
music in their lives.

Tom

Yeah, but most of them are probably Texans. (Lyndon Johnson is my
archetypal Texan.) Fortunately I don't have that problem. I do
have some very strong prejudices however. Many of them are right.

Leigh

I apologize for exposing myself in public. That was meant as a joke,
and I only intended to send it to Tom. My apologies to all Texans
who do not deserve this, including two of my past roommates!

Leigh

Most native Texans know more about Lyndon than snowbirds can ever dredge
up. After all, its part of our heritage (ugh!). But then, I don't really
know about the reign of Chicago's mayor Daley. Some people are just bigger
than life. If you want an insiders look at our native son, locate a copy
of "A Texan Looks at Lyndon". You'll then understand the meaning of
"landslide Lyndon" when talking about his election. Karl

Dr. Karl I. Trappe Desk Phone: (512) 471-4152
Physics Dept, Mail Stop C-1600 Demo Office: (512) 471-5411
The University of Texas at Austin Home Phone: (512) 264-1616
Austin, Texas 78712-1081