Re: The troubles

On Tue, 7 Oct 1997 16:15:51 -0700 Leigh Palmer <palmer@sfu.ca> writes:
Leigh,

John Hammond, the head of the Shepherd School of Music at Rice,
confided to me that more than half of the Rice graduates have never
heard
music in their lives.

Tom

Yeah, but most of them are probably Texans. (Lyndon Johnson is my
archetypal Texan.) Fortunately I don't have that problem. I do
have some very strong prejudices however. Many of them are right.

Leigh

So do I. Let's not discuss them. "I'll say this, though, a lot of
stuff out there masquerading as music is not music." - Ben Boretz