Re: Those who can....]

"Donald E. Simanek" wrote
The world does not need high school teachers who can do research.

This comment accompanied a quote from Einstein, and since this line
wasn't enclosed in quotes, I assume that it is Ray's.

I differ.

Donald

I know that this note to you will not do any more good that the
others that I have written to you on the same subject.... but
here goes anyway........

With a VERY SMALL amount of editing, your reply would make
an EXCELLENT guest editorial for THE PHYSICS TEACHER.
Now that you are apparently in better health, why don't you change
a few words here and there and submit it to Clif Swarz for publication
in THE PHYSICS TEACHER. I'm sure that not everyone will agree
with your point of view, but it really makes one sit up and think
about a matter that concerns us all .... especially now that some
federal money will be earmarked for teacher preparation and
training.

Herb Gottlieb from New York City
(Where standards for being certified as a high school physics
teacher have sunk to a new low.)