----------
From: herbgottlieb@juno.com

Ludwik... I still do not understand how reference to calorimetry would
simplify your response to this unusual student. However, I do believe
that there is justification in teaching calorimetry as an outmoded
concept that has historical significance and has helped science progress.

Herb Gottlieb from New York City
(Where we still teach calorimetry because teen agers are very weight
conscious here)