Re: summaries and thanks

The Giancoli I use ("Physics, Principles with Applications", started with
the second edition and am up to the fourth now) doesn't have any calculus in
it. Maybe there is more than one version??

ps: I am surprised some people are using Giancoli without any calculus
coreqs or prereqs. Or have they eliminated calculus in the most recent
edition? I'm also surprised that there aren't more folks making lab
optional, to attract distribution students who may not need a lab, only a
science lecture course. But maybe most of you can afford to run a separate,
conceptual-type course for such students. We can't.

Dr. Carl Mungan, Assistant Professor http://www.uwf.edu/~cmungan/
Dept. of Physics, University of West Florida, Pensacola, FL 32514-5751
office: 850-474-2645 (secretary -2267, FAX -3131) email: cmungan@uwf.edu

R. Allen Shotwell
Chair, Science and Math
Ivy Tech State College