Re: Galileo's nuts (was re: free fall data)

Leigh Palmer <palmer writes:

I drop from about five meters, Herb. (I hadn't thought of it before,
but given your inspiring posting and Stillman Drake's speculation
about Galileo's use of his natural sense of rhythm, I may refer to
this demonstration in the future as "Galileo's nuts".)

Leigh

That's why I really enjoy physics.
The writings and teaching of physicists are filled with this
kind of humor. For example, nuclear cross sections are measured
in units of BARNS because they are just about as easy to hit (when
you have a large one).

Herb Gottlieb from New York City
(Where biologists and chemists take themselves much more
seriously than do the physicists).