Re: Relative velocity problem....

Leigh Palmer writes:

I remember vividly when I first saw the "counting balls" demo. It was
when I was a little boy and my father took me with him to his bowling
league game. Bowling balls used to come up in a long rack with detents
and they exhibit this phenomenon better than those novelty toys.

Ok Leigh, ..... I give up!!

1. What is the "counting ball demo"?

2. What does a "detent" do in a bowling ball rack?

Herb Gottlieb from New York City
(Where detents are parts that stop or release a movement .....
and teachers here have never seen the "Counting Ball Demo".)