Re: Insulation/temp gradient

Jim Green wrote:
At 04:38 PM 9/7/97 -0400, Bob Sciamanda wrote:
. . .
teaching power of the mathematical isomorphism; but if you insist, I
would point out that our classical microscopic views of the two
processes are not all that different. In both cases a directed drift
velocity is superimposed upon otherwise random motion.
Furthermore, in both cases it is the particles' property (charge /
random kinetic energy) which is of interest and is usefully described as
changing position.

I am almost led to tears of frustration -- The author just has not been
paying attention!
. . .
Jim Green
JMGreen@sisna.com

Jim, I understand your point of view perfectly; I just think it is ugly
and of no use as a conceptual model for describing the diffusion
equation. (What led "us" to this equation? Should we ban it?)
READ BRIDGMAN.

--
Bob Sciamanda sciamanda@edinboro.edu
Dept of Physics sciamanda@worldnet.att.net