Re: HEAT1=HEAT2 ?

Who wants to change the ideas? It is only a matter of naming things. The
concept of internal energy, and the idea that it can be changed by one of
two processes, heating and working (dE=Q+W), is well understood. Nobody
wants to change these concepts.

You do! You want to call dE a change in heat.

Note that dE on the left side is a noun (an energy incement). Therefore Q
and W must also be nouns. Unfortunately, Q was named "heat" when the same
name was already used for what we prefer to call "internal" or "thermal"
energy. For whose sake should this avoidable mental trap be tolerated?

In the words of the immortal Tonto, "Whaddya mean 'we', white man?" Where
did you get the rule that two nouns make a noun? That's utterly arbitrary,
and I'm sure you know it. There is no trap; don't call E "thermal energy";
you'll be OK.

We disagree, Ludwik; that's all there is to it.

Leigh