Re: HTML math fonts?

Can someone point me to a good source (web or otherwise) on using math
symbols on an HTML page?

For all it proposed greatness, the Web is a difficult place to publish
simple mathematical documents.
I don't think what you ask this can be done directly. There are two

[stuff snipped]

If you use the fonts of the client computer there's no such thing as
WYSIWYG html, as I understand it. However, if you write all your equations
as gifs, you have complete control over the appearance.

As other posters have mentioned, MS Word can save as html. This works
pretty well, but the equations are a little rough. Mathtype 3.5, which is
the parent application to Word's Equation Editor 3, can save equations as
gif files and generate associated html code for pasting into the document.
I've been using mathtype for some time now, and much prefer it to the
crippled version in Word. You can get info on mathtype at www.mathtype.com.

JEG

John E. Gastineau gastineau@mindspring.com KC8IEW
900 B Ridgeway Ave. http://gastineau.home.mindspring.com