Re: Assessment of science programs and courses

Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 15:23:23 -0500
From: "Sr. Margaret Clarke" <mclarke@css.edu>

This is directed mainly at persons in the North Central Association region, who
probably already know that the main thrust of NC visits is now assessment. As
chair of the Natural Science Division of our college, I have just returned from
All departments at WSU went through this beginning about 6 years ago. We have
been reaccredited by North Central at lest once since then. I would hope that
any of them would be willing to provide a copy of their approved assessment
plan. From the WSU Web page http://www.twsu.edu/ you should be able to go
to any department's Web page and send email to them. If anyone wants to see
our math department's plan, send me an email note.

Phil Parker Email: pparker@twsuvm.uc.twsu.edu
Math. Dept., Wichita St. Univ. Fax: 316-978-3748
I find [in mathematics] a wonderful beauty. This is no science,
this is art, where equations fall away to elements like resolving
chords, and where always prevails a symmetry either explicit or
multiplex, but always of a crystalline serenity.
---Turjan of Miir (Jack Vance)