Re: Blacklight Power Company

On Fri, 22 Aug 1997, Dave Hamilton wrote:

An ex-student sent me the following:

I was reading the paper this morning and I came
across a really interesting article in (of all places) the business
section. Section E in the Oregonian, under the headline "PacifiCorp's
hydrogen gamble." I read it and was intrigued, so I went online and found
the homepage of BlackLight Power Inc. (www.blacklightpower.com) I don't
entirely understand the theories they assert and the results they claim,
but they seem plausible. Have you heard of this? What do you think about
it?

Remember "cold fusion?" I remember frequent skeptical attacks which went
like this: "If CF was possible, there would be all sorts of companies
working on CF devices. Where are they?"

Blacklight Power is R. Mills' cold fusion company. Since "cold fusion"
is politically a bad word, don't expect to find it in that company's
literature. If I recall, Mills is the one with the "hydrinos" or
"shrunken hydrogen" theory to explain the heat output of cold "fusion"
cells. Under this theory, cold fusion is not fusion, it is a process
where the electron shell of hydrogen jumps to a lower level than the
currently accepted ground state.

William Beaty voice:206-781-3320 bbs:206-789-0775 cserv:71241,3623
EE/Programmer/Science exhibit designer http://www.eskimo.com/~billb/
Seattle, WA 98117 billb@eskimo.com SCIENCE HOBBYIST web page