DEEM

Hello,
My name is Jeffrey Marx and I'm a graduate student in Physics at RPI
working under Jack Wilson in the field of education. As many of you are
sure to recall, I'm working on creating a diagnostic exam for a first-year
undergraduate introductory Electricity and Magnetism class (DEEM). I am
now up to the third and (hopefully) final version of the exam to be
field-tested. I am again calling on any instructors who would be
interested in administering this exam to his/her students and/or simply
look it over to give me some feedback out it.
I don't want to ramble on here about the exam since I've talked about
it on this list before and I've devoted a large part of my web page to
describing it. If I've piqued your interest and you would like to learn
more simply direct your web browser to my homepage...

http://ciue.rpi.edu/jeff/ (notice that the url has changed from
some of my earlier postings)

Once you get to my page simply click on the "Diagnostic Exam
Information" button in the Contents frame and move around from there. If
you like what you see and you want a copy simply fill out the form, click
"Submit," and I'll get the necessary stuff to you as soon as possible.
Please remember that you do not have to give the exam if you request
it. Also note that I've eased back on the wording of the stipulations that
you should be following. A few people wrote me to say they were turned-off
by that. Not that I thought it was unnecessary, it was strong language.
Now that I've given a talk and had about 80 instructors look at the exam I
feel a bit more secure about the possibility of someone "harvesting" my test.
If you have any questions and/or comments by all means drop me some mail
at marxj2@ciue.rpi.edu. I'll be more then happy to hear from you.
Live well,
Jeff